Sunday, January 12, 2014

Live rather than exist.

Dear Angelina, GabiLee and everyone else,
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." – Oscar Wild
Looking back at my life I can say that I have only existed and haven't lived. I can say this because to live means to take every opportunity given to you as well as make a true impact on the world and those surrounding you. Although I believe that I have made an impact on some, I don't believe it was enough to consider myself living. I also have missed out on plenty of opportunities in the past that have taken away the living aspect of my life for now. However, recently I have gotten better at taking those opportunites because I would rather have a life of "Oh wells" than a life of "What if's."
To me, I think that everyone should make their goal in life to live rather than to exist. Serve the people around you, even if it is the smallest gesture. Sometimes it's the small things that make the biggest difference.
Take the risk of trying new things; food, activities, people ... Now I am not telling you, Angelina and Gabi, to go jump off a building or take the next plane to Africa to serve those in need over there but I am telling you to go out of your bubble and experience new things. For example, I am deathly afraid of heights but when I went to Las Vegas, I went up the Stratosphere and did Big Shot which takes you over 1,100 feet in the air. This was living because I would have never done that if it wasn't for Nic. But I am glad I did it because now I can say I have conqured my fears. I went out of what I was comfortable with and ended up enjoying it. I also climbed a mountain which I never dreamed of doing.
Be safe and have fun but make sure to live rather than exist because one day when you have grandchildren you will be thinking back on your life thinking "What if." So live you life and have "Oh wells" rather than "What ifs."
Live for the now,
Tia Bear <3

No comments:

Post a Comment